[MSNoise] Consult about 07.plot_dtt.py

Thomas Lecocq thomas.lecocq at seismology.be
Fri Jan 10 16:10:16 UTC 2014

Hi Esteban,

Sorry for not replying earlier, your email got fw to my AGU-related
folder automatically, dunno why... Anyway, I cc the mailing-list so your
problem could help others:

Le 10/01/2014 08:24, Esteban Chaves a écrit :
> Hi Thomas,
>
> How it’s going? Happy new year.
>
> After run successfully the msnoise using the example data you gave us
> at the workshop,
> I was trying to plot the results using the script 07.plot_dtt.py but I
> got the next error:
>
> File "07.plot_dtt.py", line 14, in <module>
>   import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
> File
> "/Users/ech/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/pyplot.py", line
> 98, in <module>
>   _backend_mod, new_figure_manager, draw_if_interactive, _show =
> pylab_setup()
> File
> "/Users/ech/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/__init__.py",
> line 28, in pylab_setup
>   globals(),locals(),[backend_name],0)
> File
> "/Users/ech/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_wxagg.py",
> line 6, in <module>
>   import backend_wx    # already uses wxversion.ensureMinimal('2.8')
> File
> "/Users/ech/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_wx.py",
> line 53, in <module>
>   raise ImportError(missingwxversion)
> ImportError: Matplotlib backend_wx and backend_wxagg require
> wxversion, which was not found.

Well, it looks like the WX backend is missing on your machine (backends
are what render your graphic interfaces). So, try to delete line 3
(https://github.com/ROBelgium/MSNoise/blob/master/07.plot_dtt.py#L3) of
the file and leave matplotlib to its default config, which, I guess,
will use the PySide or Qt4 backends.

> I’ll be very grateful if you can help me to try to figure it out. Have
> you created other scripts to plot the results?
Yes, by the end of next week, they will be on github too !

Cheers,

Thomas