[MSNoise] Fwd: MSNoise: filters

Thomas Lecocq thomas.lecocq at seismology.be
Sat Mar 8 15:56:15 UTC 2014

Hi Hélène,

The filters need to be defined in the configurator. Filter bounds define
the bandpass that will whitened. Around this whitened part, the spectra
will be tapered to 0.+0j.

Indeed, I've rechecked the doc, it's not very obvious. Thanks for
pointing this out :) I'll try to spend some time on the doc soon.

Briefly: each filter is defined with:
low : lower frequency of the bandpass
high : upper ...

mwcs_low : slightly higher than low, it is the lower frequency for which
MWCS' weighted linear regression will be estimated
mwcs_high : slightly lower than high,...

mwcs_wlen : window length for computing the relative delay in the MWCS
mwcs_step : step between two windows. if equal to mwcs_wlen: no overlap.

rms_threshold: not used any more, should disappear, set it to 0.0.

Hope this helps, let me know (via this mailing list, svp.)

Thom