[MSNoise] Question

Sammarco, Carmelo carmelosammarco at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 14:38:44 UTC 2014

Dear users,

I want find a way to insert into the CC header's  files  the pair stations distance for each CC.

In the file 'database_tools.py' I found in 'MISCS' this code:

############ MISCS ############

def azimuth(coordinates, x0, y0, x1, y1):
    if coordinates == "DEG":
        dist, azim, bazim = gps2DistAzimuth(y0, x0, y1, x1)
        # print dist, azim, bazi
        return azim
    elif coordinates == 'UTM':
        azim = 90. - np.arctan2((y1 - y0), (x1 - x0)) * 180. / np.pi
        # print azim
        return azim
    else:
        print "woooooow, please consider having a single coordinate system for all stations"
        return 0

So my idea was insert this code inside the 'correlation' section to insert these information in the header's files  like it happens with other parameters below:

 if sac_format == "doublets":
        tr.SetHvalue('A', 120)
    else:
        tr.SetHvalue('B', -maxlag)
        tr.SetHvalue('DEPMIN', np.min(corr))
        tr.SetHvalue('DEPMAX', np.max(corr))
        tr.SetHvalue('DEPMEN', np.mean(corr))
        tr.SetHvalue('SCALE', 1)
        tr.SetHvalue('NPTS', len(corr))
    tr.WriteSacBinary(filename)
    del st, tr
    return

I think also that insert this type of implementation in the code could be very helpful. I hope that someone can help me.

cheers,

Carmelo

Mr Carmelo Sammarco MSc  BSc  FGS
PhD student in Geology and Petroleum Geology
University of Aberdeen

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.