[MSNoise] Some little things and one question about data from more than one network.

Kasper van Wijk k.vanwijk at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Oct 2 21:38:39 UTC 2014

Dear Tom et al.,

I am working with a student to replicate the install of MSNOISE for the
Auckland Volcanic Field. Below are a few things we have ran into:

1. http://msnoise.org/doc/workflow.html#module-MSNoise.s001configurator
misses the explicit call to start the configurator:  python
s001configurator.py

(this is obvious to anyone who has used MSNOISE before, but stumped the
aforementioned new student)

2. On CENTOS linux, I have an issue with sqlalchemy. The "fix" is as ugly
as it is mysterious:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14600530/cant-import-from-sqlalchemy-ext-declarative

3. We have a font problem (which I don't know how to fix), but starting the
configurator, we get the attached warning. Just a warning, though.

4. Is it correct that sqlite can only work on one thread?

[devora at localhost MSNoise-master]$ python s01scan_archive.py --init -t 2
2014-08-22 10:14:13,724 [INFO] *** Starting: Scan Archive ***
2014-08-22 10:14:13,727 [INFO] Initializing (should be run only once)
2014-08-22 10:14:13,727 [INFO] You can not work on 2 threads because SQLite
only supports 1 connection at a time
2014-08-22 10:14:13,727 [INFO] Will work on 1 threads

5. And this is where are currently: we imported a station into our NZ
network with a different network name. This resulted in errors when pairing
the AK station with an NZ station. What should we do? After getting an
error, we tried renaming the AK data to NZ to be consistent, but we are
unable to cleanly perge the AK info in the database. Alternatively, can we
set up two networks in the configurator?

Cheers,
kasper