[MSNoise] Headers, instrument response correction and spectral whitening

dejikuponiyi at yahoo.com dejikuponiyi at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 22:47:22 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas et al.,

Great work done with the MSNoise package. Installation and processing seem really seamless and documentation was adequate.

After running the whole steps, I have a couple of questions:

The final cross-correlation (sac) files are missing some of the headers (distance, date, station pair names etc.) which should have been calculated (or included) in the course of the computation (I wrote a short code to update the station table on MySQL with instrument code (BHZ, HHZ etc.), coordinates (X,Y) in DEG ).

Is the instrument response correction automatically done if I just supply the instrument types (like BH, HH, EH), considering that the stations are of different instrument types (BH, HH and EH)?

If I wanted to run the process without spectral whitening, what would be the best way exclude the process (it might be probably handy to include this option in the msnoise config for future releases)?

Cheers,

Ayo

Sent from Surface Pro