[MSNoise] advice on processing database subsets

Phil Cummins phil.cummins at anu.edu.au
Sun May 1 08:34:33 UTC 2016

Hi again,

As some of you may recall, I'm just getting started with msnoise. I have
a large database and have managed to get my station and data
availability tables populated.
At this point, rather than running through the whole database,
processing it with parameters I hope might work, I'd rather process
small subsets, e.g. 1 day at a time, to experiment with window lengths,
overlaps, etc., to find what seems optimal. My question is, what's the
best way to process subsets of my database?
It seems to me I have several options:
     (1) Make separate databases for each subset I want to test, and run
through the workflow on each
     (2) Set start and end times appropriate for my subset, re-scan and
run through the workflow.
     (3) Populate the jobs table, and write a script to activate only
the jobs I want and not the others.
I want to a fair bit of testing using different parameters before I run
through the whole thing, so I think (3) may be best. But any advice
would be appreciated.
Regards,

- Phil