[MSNoise] advice on processing database subsets

Thomas Lecocq Thomas.Lecocq at seismology.be
Sun May 1 18:18:26 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

Yeah, I have been thinking about a "benchmark" mode for quite a number
of weeks, i.e. since I tested a first run of PWS in order to compare the
final dv/v ; to compare properly I have to test quite a number of
parameters.

My current idea is to run a set of possible parameters, for different
steps. This would lead to a large number of branches in a large tree,
but it would definitively be quite interesting.

I am really not in favor of duplicating the database, rather to create
a "config" file with an caller script, to set/change/ parameters...
Theoretically, the API should let you do all the actions. The only thing
that would be a little trickier is to store/reuse the results of each
step in order to compare them. For info, using the "shutil" module you
can move/copy files easily.

Let's keep brainstorming on that and see how it goes !

Cheers

Thomas