[MSNoise] new user

Flinders, Ashton aflinders at usgs.gov
Wed Oct 5 20:10:53 UTC 2016

Hi all, long-time obspy user new MSnoise user.

I just had a couple quick questions I was hoping to get clarification on;

>From the SRL article;
"Once all waveforms are loaded in memory, the computation is done by
iteration of the station pairs, on the different components to compute and
the on the different filters for each defined window (30 minutes slices by
default)."

1) To be clear, the two time-series from a station-station pair are divided
into segments (30 minutes long, no overlap, by default), and the CC is done
on these segments? Are these segments then rebuilt into the daily CCF? Is
this segmentation purely for efficieny reasons, or is there something else
going on?

2) Why does msnoise compute_cc, not work if there is no MCWS filter defined?

3) Is there an intelligent way to search the mailing list archive?

Thanks for the help!

-ashton