[MSNoise] One more clarification

Lukas Preiswerk preiswerk at vaw.baug.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 13 10:09:51 UTC 2016

Ashton,

> I think the part that is throwing me off a bit is the "Daily NCFs were then
> obtained by stacking 30-min NCFs".
> This sound like to be, they took their individual 30 min NCFs and stacked
> them, so that each day is represented by the stacked summation of 48
> independent NCFs.

Agreed. If you set corr_duration to 1800 and leave analysis_duration
in the standard 86400, this is exactly what you get in the 1-Day
stacks.

> I assumed that meant that both corr_duration and analysis duration were set
> to 3600, but maybe not.

As I mentioned, if you set analysis_duration to 3600,
then you only use 1 hour of data each day and leave the rest
untouched… Try it for yourself with the keep_all option enabled and by
looking at the data in the h5 files.

Lukas