[MSNoise] MWCS sql crash

Flinders, Ashton aflinders at usgs.gov
Thu Oct 18 16:54:50 UTC 2018

I get a strange crash part way through my MWCS step (see below), and
compute_MWCS is not finishing. E.g. I have 5 frequency bands, but for bands
2-4 only 1 of 10 station pair MWCS's get calculated, even though all the
data is there in the stacks. I have tried rerunning comute_mwcs by changing
the flag back to 'T' for the station pairs where mwcs did not get
calculated, but it still crashes. This crash is repeatable.

Any thoughts?

(p.s. I also initially tried remaking the stacks, but it crashed at the
same point. The data looks good in the stacks)

-ashton

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File
"/home/ashton/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py",
line 1139, in _execute_context

    context)

  File
"/home/ashton/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py",
line 450, in do_execute

    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)

  File
"/home/ashton/anaconda3/envs/msnoise/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pymysql/cursors.py",
line 165, in execute

    result = self._query(query)

  File
"/home/ashton/anaconda3/envs/msnoise/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pymysql/cursors.py",
line 321, in _query

    conn.query(q)

  File
"/home/ashton/anaconda3/envs/msnoise/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py",
line 859, in query

    self._execute_command(COMMAND.COM_QUERY, sql)

  File
"/home/ashton/anaconda3/envs/msnoise/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py",
line 1096, in _execute_command

    self._write_bytes(packet)

  File
"/home/ashton/anaconda3/envs/msnoise/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py",
line 1048, in _write_bytes

    "MySQL server has gone away (%r)" % (e,))

pymysql.err.OperationalError: (2006, "MySQL server has gone away
(BrokenPipeError(32, 'Broken pipe'))")

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

--
Ashton F. Flinders, Ph.D
U.S. Geological Survey