[MSNoise] MSNoise 1.6 !

Thomas Lecocq Thomas.Lecocq at seismology.be
Tue Sep 3 14:30:03 UTC 2019

Dear users & friends,

More than 2 years after the last major release (MSNoise 1.5) I’m proud
to announce the new MSNoise 1.6. It is a major release, with a massive
amount of work since the last one: in GitHub numbers , it’s over 190
commits and over 4000 lines of code and documentation changed or added!

MSNoise 1.6 introduces a series of new features :

     The workflow has been rewritten to create “job types” per step,
making it easier for users to reset a jobs before a specific step.
     This and other smaller adaptations to the code allows to run
MSNoise more efficiently, e.g. on a HPC.
     The components to compute can be defined for “single-station” and
“cross-station” independently.
     The compute_cc step has been completely rewritten to be much, much
faster.
     A new db top level command, which among others include dump and
import commands for handling the tables from the database.
     A new Interaction Examples & Gallery section of the documentation
in order to demonstrate how users can interact with the MSNoise API,
e.g. for creating custom plots.

As always, this version has benefited from outputs/ideas/pull
requests/questions from several users/friends.

Thanks to all for using MSNoise, and please, let us know why/how you use
it (and please cite it!)!

To date, we found/are aware of 70 publications using MSNoise! That’s the
best validation of our project ever and it has doubled since last release!!

Thomas

Full release notes for 1.6:
http://msnoise.org/doc/releasenotes/msnoise-1.6.html (please read them!!)

--