[MSNoise] bugs in AC or its stack in version 1.6?

Liu Zhikun zkliu at cugb.edu.cn
Wed Sep 18 17:01:30 UTC 2019

Dear Thomas,

It is nice that the calculation of AC or SC within same station is considered using
new parameters 'components_to_compute_single_station' in the new MSnoise.

When i use the code, i find using AC always leads to a bad dvv time series. There is
nothing related to an earthquake, but I can obtain clear coseismic change via SC.

I check the output at each step and i find that the 'REF' waveform for AC has very low
SNR (that is, coda of 'REF' with strong fluctuation) than the case of SC. In addition,
the amplitude value of 'REF' waveform is very large, sometimes several orders larger than
the 'MOV' stacks.

Is this because the normalization of AC (or CC) waveform is removed in the version 1.6?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Zhikun