[MSNoise] MSNoise-Tomo, Parameters

Aurélien Mordret mordret at mit.edu
Thu Nov 26 16:39:34 UTC 2020

Hi Jannik,

The bmin and bmax parameters are the bandwidth min and max of the gaussian
filters used in the FTAN algorithm.

The FTAN applies a set a gaussian filters to the seismograms with different
central frequencies. The width of the filter (in Hz) for the minimum
central frequency is bmin and vice versa for bmax. The width for the
intermediate filters increases linearly between bmin and bmax.

These parameters are equivalent to the "alpha" parameters in this paper
defining the FTAN:

Herrmann, R. B. (1973). Some aspects of band-pass filtering of surface
waves. *Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America*, *63*(2), 663-671.

Hope it helps!

Aurelien

--

Postdoctoral associate
Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
54-526
Cambridge, MA  02139-4307
phone: 617-253-5051