[MSNoise] source of coherence calculation

Kohtaro R. Araragi kararagi at eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Jul 21 13:27:24 UTC 2022

Dear Thomas (c.c. MSNoise community),

I'm Run, a former student of ERI who has been working with Florent,
(Yosuke) Aoki-san, (Takao ) Ohminato-san. I hope you are doing well.

I am recently checking the processing of MWCS method and noticed that
the algorithm of coherence ( functions of "smooth(x, window='boxcar',
half_win=3):" and "getCoherence(dcs, ds1, ds2)" at move2obspy.py) is
different from matlab (mscohere) or python (scipy.signal.coherence)
though it works very well.

Could you let me know if there were some original papers or documents
that explain the background about it? I appreciate if someone tell me
about relevant information how to obtain the coherence in detail.

Thanks in advance,

Run

--
K. Run Araragi