[MSNoise] Compute MWCS in parallel

weiyu weiyuu at whu.edu.cn
Sun Jun 16 04:51:31 UTC 2019

Hi MSNoise group,
I was faced with a new problem in computing MWCS with multiprocess operation. I defined different Mwcs_Wlen for different filters. Then I started 10 instances of the code using command “msnoise -t 10 compute-mwcs”. When the Mwcs_Wlen was 10s, the code was working properly. But when the Mwcs_Wlen was more than 10s such as 20s, 30s, the 10 processes occupied all my 40 physical cores. And the computational speed became very slow.

I don’t know what happened, so I stoped the code and reseted the DTT jobs. And I recalculated them in one process using command “msnoise compute-mwcs”.I found when computed 10s window length, the process occupied 100% of one core. But when computed others, the process occupied 4000% of one core.

The cpu utilization percentage was obtained from the top command in Linux,and I computed with msnoise 1.5.1.

Looking forward to know the reason of this problem.
Thanks!
Weiyu