[MSNoise] New with msnoise

Sophie Lagarde lagarde at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Jul 17 15:23:13 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am a PhD in environmental seismology and I would like to use the
msnoise package on seismic data. I have installed the package and
created an empty database in mySQL as explained in
http://msnoise.org/doc/installation.html. I am fine using python (not an
expert but I succeed in doing what I want), but I have never worked with
mySQL before.

Then I tried to initialize the project and this is where my problems
have begun. I have multiple errors links to the arguments I put. So what
I did is:

Open the terminal in an empty folder where I want to do all the work
related to the interferometry. Enter 2 (mysql). Then enter 127.0.0.1, it
seems to work. Then for the database I enter the name I give when I
created the empty database. For the username and password I give the
informations I put when I did the "Add Account" during the installation.
For the prefix I have no idea what I am suppose to enter. Please find
attached the screenshots.

I think it may be not working because at some point I am supposed to
enter my seismic data or the folders with my seismic data. When and
where should I do that ? How the data must be presented ?

For now my arborescence is year/julian_day/station/ hourly sac file for
BHE, BHZ and BHN. Also I will be doing the tests in local first (data
stored on my computer) but I plan letter to work with data stored on a
server. Do you know how I can acces the data remotely with mySQL ?

Also is the package fine for python 3.7 ?

Regards,

Sophie Lagarde.