[MSNoise] MSNoise CPU-GPU-RAM Processing

Wardhani, Prima Wira Kusuma prima.dhani06 at gmail.com
Sat May 17 11:25:50 UTC 2014

Dear Thomas,
Dear All,

I want to ask about Scan Archive, Creating New Jobs and CC using MSNoise
using CPU-GPU-RAM computing.
I processed 49 seismic station, with 2 months data available. For scanning
the archive *s01scan_archive.py*, using --init option, and thread option :

--init -t 1 : consume 400MB RAM, 17% CPU, 0% GPU : ~24 hours
--init -t 2 : consume 1.6GB RAM, 17% CPU, 0% GPU : ~13 hours
--init -t 4 : consume 1.6GB RAM, 17% CPU, 0% GPU : ~13 hours

the next threads option RAM comsume stuck in 1.6GB, no increase processing
using multicore CPU.
After finish I tried create new jobs using *s02new_jobs.py* for all
station, and it
takes 38 minutes for [DEBUG] all station pair for 1 day. I checked the
process only consume 1.6GB RAM, 17% CPU, no more than this value.
How to optimalize the Processing using RAM-CPU-and GPU? Because it takes
along time to process all my Data,, at least it can be optimize using
RAM-CPU it will be better. My Computer using 16GB RAM and 4Core at 3.2GHz, but
it only used 1.6GB only.. I tried to insert NumbaPro, but for some reason,
it failed,.

Can us suggest how to use parallel computing using GPU-CPU-RAM for optimize
MSNoise code?

Thank you,

WARDHANI, Prima Wira Kusuma
Master of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology
Universite Joseph Fourier - ISTerre Room 015
prima.dhani06 at gmail.com
+62-81548815815
+33-663964113

がんばります!