[MSNoise] Suggestions for documentation

Raphael raphael.deplaen at uni.lu
Thu Oct 30 16:45:32 UTC 2014

**

Dear Thomas and MSnoise users,

I just completed my first installation and processing on the test case
from AGU 2013 and I had a few observation and comments to improve the
existing documentation for future users.

In the Configurator:

  *

    I made the mistake to set keep_days as “No”, probably because I
    copied the screenshot from the doc. This was, of course, a problem
    when I computed the  CC. I think it would be worth either to change
    the screenshot, or to mention in the doc that this setting could be
    problematic.

  *

    The ref begin and end are set by default in relative, potentially
    causing errors if the REF folder is not created by s04stack.

  *

    I had no filter values by default, I think it would be good to have
    suggested values for those who are quickly trying MSnoise.

  *

    I think it would also be nice to have more advice on the use of
    sqlite and mysql. Maybe recommend a sqlite manager, the way it is
    done with EasyPHP for mysql.

  *

    It was already mentioned in the mailing list but it would also be
    nice to have suggestions on the best way to reset jobs from “D” to
    “T”. It probably won’t be a problem when the toolbox will be ready.

  *

    I didn’t install wx, so to plot the dt/t I had to disable the line 3
    “mpl.use('WxAgg')”. Also the red line didn’t show on the plot, but I
    think this is a known problem.

I hope this will be useful for future users.

Cheers,

   Raphael De Plaen
   PhD Student
   University of Luxembourg